Applications are now open for the Bandera Electric Cooperative Scholarships.
The Bandera Electric Cooperative scholarship program was established in 1998 to encourage and assist in the educational pursuits of members and their immediate family members or applicants who reside in the service area. Funds will be disbursed for courses of instruction at an accredited four-year university/college, junior college or TEA-approved trade school that offers an associate degree.
* Open to graduating high school seniors AND students currently enrolled in college/university/trade school.
* Parents/legal guardians/or student must be members of Bandera Electric Cooperative or receive BEC service at their residence and provide written verification from the member-owner of the account.
* Graduating high school seniors must have maintained at least 80 percent on a 100 percent scale.
* Students currently enrolled in post-secondary education course work must have maintained a minimum cumulative of 2.00 GPA on a 4.00 scale at an accredited four-year university/college, junior college, or TEA-approved trade school.
* Applicants must meet general admittance requirements of the accredited four-year university/college, junior college or TEA-approved trade school to which they apply to receive funds.
* Applicants may only win once.
Bandera Electric Cooperative will award an all-expense paid trip on June 16-23, 2024 to Washington D.C. for four high school students. Contest winners will join other students from across Texas. This will be an unforgettable look inside U.S. History.
* The winner must be able to participate in the Youth Tour trip to Washington D.C. June 16-23.
* The winner must be able to fly in an airplane and ride in a car or bus for up to 12 hours a day (with breaks).
* Applicants must have completed sophomore, junior or senior year of high school by June 2022.
* Parents or legal guardians must be members of Bandera Electric Cooperative or receive BEC service at their residence.
* Past winners are not eligible.
* Applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
* The cooperative reserves the right to select the runner up or another contestant for the Youth Tour trip if the winner is unable to participate.
Applications open in January.
However, those applying for this scholarship must have participated in Two Rivers Half Marathon and Ryan Bielke 5K (Nov. 19, 2023) in the fall immediately prior to the spring application year, either by running or volunteering. If you are unable to attend on that day, there are other volunteer opportunities for that event.
The New Braunfels Community Foundation scholarship program helps local youth or adults pursue their dreams of furthering their education.
NBCF matches caring donors with deserving students who want to continue their studies at colleges, universities, trade or technical schools. The scholarship program is created for individual donors who set up specific criteria for the administration of their funds.
NBCF fields all applicants, filters those applicants based on criteria set up by the donor, and administers and monitors scholarship grants. This is a much easier, less expensive way for donors to make a difference in a student’s life.